I have to come up with a document of how we are going to cut across our profiles and services from our existing domain to a new domain I will build up in the next month
We have a site that is on 10.101.10.0/16 network. The sites is Sydney. The current domain is domain1.com (for example). I will build a new domain2.com on the same site and will need to begin the process of migrating people from the current domain to the new, with their profiles.
Now we have a fileserver on the current domain that will also have to be cut across, not sure in what order and how to go about this and whether it all needs to be done over a weekend or it can be done slowly.
The way I see it.
1. Build new domain and configure within site services.
2. Build new exchange.
3. Create the users.
4. Take computers off current domain and join new domain.
5. Use USMT 4.0 tools to migrate profiles across.
6. What do I do with the file server? Do I also just take off domain and join new domain? What will that do to the permissions of the shares? Do I do this prior to moving the profiles across or at the same time?
7. Connect users to new exchange server.
Is there anything else I am missing?