Hi Here is brief overview of network config before the question
2008 Active Directory Domain
Multiple Sites correctly configured
Now here is the problem.
A file server was cloned from an image that was used to create the first domain contoler in the domain. The cloned server (now a file server) was not sysprep so now has the same SID as the domain according to PSGetSID - The file server is functioning correctly however it is behaving strangely in so much as we cannot make domain users local admins and performing other admin tasks are proving difficult.
We are planning to sysprep the cloned file server and have put the following steps together:
1. Remove SERVER from the domain
2. Remove the SERVER computer account from the domain
3. Force replication of Domain Controllers
4. Take a VM Snapshot of the server
5. Run Sysprep with the OOBE/Generalize options
6. Confirm the server has a new SID
7. Re-Join server to the domain
How does this sound and does anyone recommend any other steps? The server is a DFS Namespace server (which is my main concern) and has shared printers installed - although these can be easily recreated if necessary