Microsoft BPOS Creating identical .NK2 file
Posted on 2011-05-10
Hi, we are in the midst of planning our mail migration to BPOS. I am attempting to plan our steps for cutover day, and one of the things is keeping the user's NK2 mail cache.
Here are the steps i follow:
1. Setup users BPOS account using MS sign in tool
2. Log into outlook, create test message.
3. Log out of outlook, confirm email@example.com file is created in appropriate location (I have tested on Windows 7 as well as XP)
4. Copy oldmailprofile.nk2 to another location
5. Delete firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Rename oldmailprofile.nk2 to email@example.com
7. Copy firstname.lastname@example.org to appropriate location
8. Log onto email@example.com mail profile
9. Start typing message, NOTHING
10. Look in folder, there are now TWO files entitled firstname.lastname@example.org.NK2 files
I have confirmed hidden files are being shown, and extensions are not being hidden. I have looked in a command prompt and there are TWO identically named files in the same folder.