Pretty damn frustrated here.
Purchased Full blown server2008, instead of SBS by mistake, but foolishly? thought, ill go with it to avoid the hassle of returns etc... Only to find there is no POP connector in 2007. i mean, jees!. is that really helpful?,
anyway.. All looked pretty ok in the test environment after a fairly legthy install process, from a server perspective although we didnt go too far in the test envroment due to time constraints.
The server is now on site and fully updated.
So we have a single 2008 server, as the DC, and Exchange server for all roles. there is no other server on site.
Yesterday i tried to connect an outlook 2003 machine to it. All looked pretty good untill -:
Ive done the normal google, and failed to remedy this issue.
Particularly ive followed microsofts advice, but frankly, that doesnt help at all.
Im reluctant to randomly keep trying other suggestions on google, simply put, they seem so abstract and i cannot tie the error message to what the suggestion say to do. so im now p***ing in the wind really.
as far as email is concerned, exchange is working.
as far as domain control is concerned, the server is working.
as far as this error mesage is concerned, something isnt working.
I need rid of this error message since it seems to bear no relevance to anything and is suitably microsoft meaningless. Thanks Billy Bob.
I wonder if im missing something basic. the research ive done suggests its OAB issues. I have deleted, and rebuilt OAB to no effect.
DCdiag runs through pretty cleanly, presenting a couple of certificate issues relating to ssl conections which as i understand it are irrelvant at this time. i will be needing CA but, thats kind of once internal stuff is working.
I have tweaked the distribution setting for OAB. to no effect.
I have rebooted the server, to no effect.
Before connecting the first client pc to the domain, i did move the Mailbox and public folder store, since i noticed they were both on Drive C. I have putt hem now on their own drive. I used the Move mailbox feature in EMC for both moves. I cannot say if this caused the issue since i did this ahead of bringing the client on to the new domain. but maybe i need to move log files or something, since some mention on line about this error relates to public folder issues with Outlook 2003.
Ive also noitced someone saying "have you disabled ipv6". now, i have done this once before, and regretted it. so im not particularly keen on doing that willy nilly. im not sure if the question was a suggestion, or genuine query!. but the guy had disabled IPv6. i dont think this helped matters, and certainly should since XP doesnt natively support ipv6.
Please, reinstate my will to live!.
Thanks in anticipation