Sharepoint 2010 Deploy EXCEL Services Advice
Posted on 2011-05-11
Looking for advice on deploying EXCEL Services (and ultimately both VISIO Services and PivotPoint).
Until now, I have deployed extra Services such as PerformancePoint, Secure Services etc according to this structure, and it seems to have worked well :-
1. Manually create Database (so that can set reasonable figures for Initial Size, Authgrowth etc).
2. Create Web App in new Application Pool
3. Point Web App at new Datbase
4. Use current domain Application Pool account for new app pool
5. Create Web App on new Site Collection (on separate port)
6. Create appropriate Site/Library etc within new Site Collection.
7. Use an unattend account which is secured by Secure Store, and which is already in use by PerformancePoint Services.
I can find nothing on the settings for deploying EXCEL Services, so my concern is to whether this is the correct way or am I supposed to create this within a current Site Collection/Web Application/Database ? What are the disadvantages (assuming I can use it) of using the same unattend account for trusted access as Performance Point ?
Any advice on someone who has already implemented this, or else URLs which cover exactly this (I have seen the Microsoft page - does not give any advice as to what architecture is o[ptimal for this deployment) will be welcomed.
Thank to all who respond.