Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 6652
  • Last Modified:

Exchange 2010 Information store not mounting

I am getting this error:
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error %%-2147221213.

The information sotre is not mounting.  The time is in sync on this server with all other domain computers.  I'm not sure what is wrong.
3 Solutions
Have you applied SP1 to your exchange system?
Have you made any changes on the server?  I have seen this when a exchange server does not have access to active directory.  Did the dns change or stop working.
Also found this on the internet.

Thanks for both of your replies. I appreciate it!

The issue is resolved. After my SP1 Update, I hadn't rebooted the server until the next day ( there were people working on the system after I finished installing, and I hadn't at that time rebooted). The next day I rebooted the server and got the server specific error I mentioned above. I did look at time differences on both my domain controller and my Exchange member server and they were in sync. What I did find out later ( not going to the Application log at the beginning, only to the system log that gave me the 2147221213 error), I found out that the eseutil was replaying log files ( around 7 of them) after that happened the system was able to mount the database. I've done more than 1 dozen SP1 updates to clients and every time I pray that it will work correctly. This time it didn't as with others that I was able to fix. I did call MS Support, but before they could resolve the issue I fixed it myself.

Thanks for everyones responses! I appreciate it!

Modern healthcare requires a modern cloud. View this brief video to understand how the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization.

Also if you are running VMware check out this link.

mschiradAuthor Commented:
It's working now.  It's a virutal machine.  I updated the time on my VMWare server and had to reboot the the virutal machine.  

This is so weird.  There was a series of weird time issues but I think I've worked through them.

Glad to hear it is working.
I know I'm posting this some time after the last post but, I always like to have helpful info in as many places as possible since I can't boolean search very well. I found this post on another website and this resolved an issue where both the Information Store and System Attendant Services would not start on a Server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010 SP1

¦Go to Start > Run > type “regedit”
 ¦Check if there is a key “Setup” under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\
 ¦If not, right click key “Exchange” > New > Key and name it as “Setup”
 ¦Create a new string value in this newly created key and name it as “Services”
 ¦Right click Services > Modify and enter the full installation path of Exchange 2010, default path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14

Reboot your server and the services should auto-start. Simple enough sometimes.
Give iVenture Solutions a bottle of exepensive whiskey. Thank you so much.

Featured Post

Get your problem seen by more experts

Be seen. Boost your question’s priority for more expert views and faster solutions

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now