Link to home
Start Free TrialLog in
Avatar of Dep5758
Dep5758Flag for United States of America

asked on

How do I freeze VGA or HDMI

I need to freeze an HDMI or VGA output of a PC that is going to a LCD monitor.  I don't want to blank or mute the image but actually freeze the frame until the user is ready to "represent" again. Do you know of a box that will perform this that is also controllable via RS-232 or Telnet (using Crestron)?  Thanks!
Avatar of pcunite
Flag of United States of America image

I think you're looking for something like this?
Avatar of Dep5758


Not really....the user is using Power Point on a PC that is connected to a 65 inch monitor.  They want to run the output of the PC (VGA or HDMI) into a box that will perform a video freeze to allow them to make any changes to the presentation so the audience cannot see it.  As soon as the user is ready to continue the presentation again they will unfreeze the image.  The box needs to be controlled via RS-232 from a Crestron control system.
Avatar of Rob Knight

It sounds like the sort of kit to do this would be a Video Scaler with RS232 control?


Avatar of Rob Knight
Rob Knight
Flag of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland image

Link to home
This solution is only available to members.
To access this solution, you must be a member of Experts Exchange.
Start Free Trial