I am unable to upgrade to Windows 7 SP1- I get a C004F01F error. I really would like to get SP1 on this machine, and remove anything malicious that might still be on it (without doing a system reinstall).
This machine is used for work, and it's imperative that work-related files/programs installed remain intact if I have to do a recovery/reinstall.
1. The machine had a virus at some point. A registry edit was able to "fix" the issue (I think).
2. I installed/ran Spybot, Symantec Antivirus, and Microsoft Security Essentials.
3. I am unable to install Win7 SP1. I keep getting a C004F01F error.
4. I ran a scan disk, and came up with several problems (not fixable).
5. The laptop is a Toshiba, and it came with a recovery disk (not a Windows disk).
What I've done to get closer to fixing it:
1. Ran Hijackthis, attached the log.
2. Attached a shorted CBS.log.