I have trouble running Xenserver from a USB. I'm trying to run xenserver from my laptop using USB drive.
Specifications of my laptop: 4GB RAM, I5 processor, Win 7 OS, VT enabled
I do not want to wipe off Win-7, so I would like to use my USb stick for xenserver (16GB stick).
* Using Unetbootin software, I copied xenserver iso to another 2GB USB stick.
* Renamed the following:
Rename \syslinux.cfg to syslinux_cfg.old
Rename \boot\isolinux to syslinux
Rename \boot\syslinux\isolinux.cfg to syslinux.cfg
* Rebooted my PC and selected boot device as 2GB drive
* Xenserver installation screen appeared, now inserted 16GB stick
* Now pressed F2 to enter shell
* mkdir /tmp/sda command worked
* mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /tmp/sda - This did not work as it gave an error/message "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock"
I don't know why it was not working, so I gave up this option and rebooted again.
* Instead of pressing F2 and entering shell, I gave F1 to continue installation
* Showed option to install Xenserver. Selected 16GB drive for installation
* Didn't select VM storage option as I planned to give it later
* Gave no to Linux
* Installed xenserver, unplugged 2Gb drive and rebooted
* Xenserver started from my 16GB stick. I saw the Citrix Xenserver (black and blue design screen).
* After 5 seconds, it went black and Win 7 started booting from my hard disk
* Disabled HDD, restarted, Xenserver screen appeared again it rebooted and started from first.
Please help to resolve this issue.
May be Xenserver on USB installation will not be successful without Shell and running the following commands?
mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /tmp/sda
chmod -R 664 /sys/block
cp -R /sys/block/ /tmp/sda/sys/block/
mv initrd-2.6.18-53.1.13.el5.xs188.8.131.52.273xen.img initrd-2.6.18-53.1.13.el5.xs184.108.40.206.273xen.img.old
mkinitrd --with-usb initrd-2.6.18-53.1.13.el5.xs220.127.116.11.273xen.img 2.6.18-53.1.13.el5.xs18.104.22.168.273xen
If yes, then mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /tmp/sda didn't work. This is because I have to boot OS from a CD drive instead of my 2GB pen drive?