I am running a Windows Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 server. I wanted to install the Telent Client in order to test connectivity between it and remote systems.
After following these steps:
1. Start Server Manager. Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
2. If the User Account Control (UAC) dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
3. In the Features Summary section, click Add features.
4. In the Add Features Wizard, select Telnet Client, and then click Next.
5. On the Confirm Installation Options page, click Install.
6. When installation finishes, on the Installation Results page, click Close.
I am getting the following error message:
"Attempt to install Telnet Client failed with error code 0x80070490. Element not found". Tried to research this error message but I can't seem to find anything that relates to Telent client installs.
Any assistance in what maybe causing this installation to fail would be greatly appreciated.