Exchange 2007 rejecting Calendar Invites from a specific domain

SihleIns
SihleIns used Ask the Experts™
on
We are unable to receive calendar events from a specific domain, but emails from this domain without Calendar events attached are received without a problem.  We are using Exchange 2007.

Attached is a copy of the Diagnostic information for administrators that our server is returning to the user trying to send us the Calendar events.

 
Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: corp.MYDOMAIN.com

USERNAME@MYDOMAIN.com
#550 4.4.7 QUEUE.Expired; message expired ##

Original message headers:

Received: from psmtp.com (68.18.2.41) by mail.MYDOMAIN.com (10.0.0.4) with
Microsoft SMTP Server id 8.3.83.0; Fri, 13 May 2011 12:18:22 -0400
Received: from oproxy7-pub.bluehost.com ([67.222.55.9]) by
 exprod7mx201.postini.com ([68.18.6.14]) with SMTP;     Fri, 13 May 2011
12:19:38
 EDT
Received: (qmail 26634 invoked by uid 0); 13 May 2011 16:19:37 -0000
Received: from unknown (HELO host219.hostmonster.com) (74.220.215.219)  by
oproxy7.bluehost.com with SMTP; 13 May 2011 16:19:37 -0000
DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=default; d=SENDING-DOMAIN.com;
 
h=Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Organization:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content
-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language:X-Ide
ntified-User;
 
b=A41yZ93i+UwqgiX06WV86NyZHB0L+NYVEj4QJAM7DNogbXSJkSgZ3Gbw65M5zXQ1l3CYKp4RvM
0nJswYEQSVu1XdLEl67Go25nRX06n0QY27kDD4fZ0J0YSY2XUm0WnL;
Received: from 66.83.216.162.nw.nuvox.net ([66.83.216.162] helo=AssntDir)
by
 host219.hostmonster.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)        (envelope-from
 <SENDING-USER@SENDING_DOMAIN.com>)   id 1QKv5T-0000dn-Eu; Fri, 13 May 2011
10:19:35
 -0600
From: SENDING USER <SENDING-USER@SENDING_DOMAIN.com>
To: <USERNAME@MYDOMAIN.com>
Subject: PAL Budget Meeting
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 12:18:43 -0400
Organization: Police Athletic League
Message-ID: <000001cc1189$6f2550d0$4d6ff270$@Naughton@SENDING-DOMAIN.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/calendar; method=REQUEST; charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook 12.0
Thread-Index: AcwRiW24dXOu0AW9QRW5e+iV9L4xwQ==
Content-Language: en-us
X-Identified-User: {1553:host219.hostmonster.com: palco:sendingdomain.com}
{sentby:smtp auth 66.83.216.162 authed with SENDING-USER@SENDING-DOMAIN.com}
X-pstn-neptune: 0/0/0.00/0
X-pstn-levels: (S:99.90000/99.90000 CV:99.9000 FC:95.5390 LC:95.5390
R:95.9108 P:95.9108 M:97.0282 C:98.6951 )
X-pstn-settings: 5 (2.0000:2.0000) s cv gt3 gt2 gt1 r p m c
X-pstn-addresses: from <SENDING-USER@SENDING-DOMAIN.com> [20/1]
Return-Path: SENDING-USER@SENDING-DOMAIN.com
X-TM-AS-Product-Ver: SMEX-8.0.0.1181-6.500.1024-18132.004
X-TM-AS-Result: No--11.449400-8.000000-31
X-TM-AS-User-Approved-Sender: No
X-TM-AS-User-Blocked-Sender: No

Open in new window

Comment
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
Did you get a chance to look at the following KB:

Exchange Server 2007 cannot route e-mail messages to mail enabled Non-MAPI public folders that are hosted on an Exchange Server 2003 server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;959100

Author

Commented:
I found this KB article yesterday after I postied my questions and YES I agree with you.  I think this is the correct solution to the problem.  Except my problem is that I have the Exchange 2007 server and the customer has the Exchange 2003 server, so it is up to them to install the MS HotFix.  I sent all this info to their consultant hopefully they can apply the patch in a timely manner.  Thanks for posting the link hopefully this will help others in the future.

Author

Commented:
There was more to my problem then I original realized and here is how I fixed it.  Hopefully this will help someone else in the future as the problem was frustrating and hard to diagnose.

First, I had to set the "Microsoft Exchange Transport" service to run with the "Local System" account rather than the "Network Service Account".  This resolved part of the problem.  

Second, after changing the service account I started getting Event ID: 9667 "Failed to create a new named property for database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (8192)."  in the Application log.  I found that the final piece to the puzzle was related to maxed out "Named Properties and Replica Identifier Quotas for Exchange 2007 Databases" I increased all of these limits using the TechNet article below and that finally resolved my problem once and for all.  

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb851493%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial