I would like to create a 3 PC workgroup within an established domain. Here are some specifics:
- Local network has RODC only (DNS)
- When link between local network and overseas corporate network goes down, all systems can no longer access locally shared resources. The overseas support department basically refuses to address the issue after multiple requests.
- During these interruptions, our production systems can no longer access our common drive to pull files from that are used to manufacturer parts.
- I will be using a Windows 7 Professional system as a file server for the other 2 PCs that will be running Windows XP.
- I want to create a separate workgroup so that these systems will continue to function as expected, even when the link goes down.
- I would also like to allow these 3 PCs to be able to access printers on the domain.
- Last time we were down, we lost 7 hours of production time.
Any suggestions are welcomed.