One of our graphics guys has a brand new iMac running Office 2011 with all available updates. For the past two months, the machine has been operating flawlessly, but within the last week, he has started having problems with Outlook 2011.
- When you click on the Outlook icon in the dock, the Outlook start-up screen flashes for less than a second and the Outlook toolbar appears at the top of the screen, but the Outlook window never appears.
- Or, when you click on the Outlook icon in the dock, the Outlook window opens, but it's completely blank with a little circle icon letting you know that it's waiting on something (see my screenshot).
- In either case, you can only close Outlook by using Force Quit.
- All other Office apps (Word, Excel, Etc.) are functioning properly
Troubleshooting performed so far:
- Checking for any available updates.
- Restarting the computer.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Office (since I could not find a way to repair the installation on OSX)
- Rebuilding the existing identity.
- Creating a new identity.
As a PC technician with very little Mac experience, I'm not sure what to try next. Can someone give me some further troubleshooting tips or know of a fix for this issue? Any help would be appreciated.