I have a situation where an email was sent to one of our internal user from a hotmail account; the user opened it up on the Blackberry and forwarded it to another user using a Sympatico email account. When the email was opened on the Sympatico account the user received a message saying something like "do you want to notify the original sender the email is forwarded".
The internal user (belongs to our organization) is using Outlook 2003 on his computer and Blackberry Bold 9780, Exchange 2003
The external user who received the forwarded message is using Outlook 2010 configured with Sympatico account on a Windows 7 computer
1. Based on this scenario, do you know if there is any email tracker being used to track the email get forwarded to another user?
- I checked the source code of the original email but nothing seems out of ordinary
- We couldn't replicate to get the pop-up message when we forwarded the email to another account
- We don't think the "read receipt" or "delivery confirmation" is being used based on the message received on the pop-up screen
- Unfortunately, we don’t have a screenshot of the message to verify if the message was originated from Outlook or Windows
Please let me know if you have any ideas or directions that might shed some light to this puzzle.
Thanks for all your help in advance!