1) I have a linux server (which host name is Centos_5) in the Active Directory Environment
2) The Domain Controllers (DC1 and DC2) and the Centos_5 are in LAN 1
- LAN 1: 172.17.17.0/24
- The IP of Centos_5 is "172.17.17.30"
- DC1 is "172.17.17.10"
- DC1 and Centos_5 can ping each other by its IP addresses
3) My Goal:
- I want to configure the DNS server for Centos_5 (the DNS server or name server are the IP of DC1 and DC2 (172.17.17.10 and 172.17.17.11)
4) At Centos_5
- Login as root
- cd /etc
- [root@Centols_5 etc]#
- Type in: gedit resolv.conf
- The error messages:
xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
xlib: no protocol specified
cannot open display:
Run 'gedit --help' to see a full list of available command line options
5) As I mention above that the goal is to configure the DNS server or name servers at Centos_5
6) Any help?