We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

What type of computer monitor do I need to use a stylus?

sapgonzalez used Ask the Experts™
I need a computer monitor that will allow me to use a stylus to draw, click, etc. I am looking to purchase one on ebay or secondhand. I need to know what specific type/technology will allow these functions. My concern is that I do not want to buy one that is only intended for point of sale.
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®

For same purpose professinally they using digitizers. If you dont want them you dont have much chnace other than touch screens whihc all they running as capacitive touch screen whihc is not recommended to the purpose that you going to use.

Please check the following link

I believe this is an example of what you are looking for. But even used its probably going to be expensive.
Most Valuable Expert 2013
Top Expert 2009
You can actually convert your current monitor to touchscreen, which will work with your finger or a stylus.

For small screens (17-22") look at this:  http://www.buy.com/prod/premiertek-tp-215-lcd-touchscreen-overlay-22-resistive-technology-lcd/q/loc/101/219503607.html

For large displays (up to 65") see these:  http://www.provantage.com/~67ITOVL_.htm

... I put one on a 55" display, and it's AWESOME to use :-)

With my all respect, converting normal monitor with a low quality chinese craps will cause problem nothing else.
Gary CaseRetired
Most Valuable Expert 2013
Top Expert 2009

I can't speak for the inexpensive small overlays -- but the overlays sold at Provantage are very well made and work VERY well.


Thank you! This is even better than what I had hoped for. I really appreciate your attention to cost as well, as I am a teacher buying this for my classroom out of my pocket.

Thanks again!