It appears that a number of our sales guys have been using a feature in Outlook 2010 that Dynamics CRM 4 doesn't seem to like.
1. User sends an email to customer (who is listed as a Contact 1 within Account A in our CRM)
2. This email is correctly tracked within CRM
3. User is proud of that email's wording and wants to reuse it to another contact in another company...
4. User opens original email within their Sent folder in Outlook 2010 and selects ACTIONS \ RESEND THIS MESSAGE
5. User changes the TO field so that it contains the address for Contact 2 within Account B.
6. User sends the email to Contact 2, but it is tracked in CRM against Contact 1 (or Account A - I can't recall which exactly - sorry).
So we now have many emails within our CRM that are wrongly tracked against the wrong Contacts/Accounts. (We have now told them to use Copy & Paste rather than Resend The Message.)
QUESTION: is there any easy way to automatically scan these emails and relink them to the correct Contacts (based upon the TO email address)?
Thanks for reading this and for your help!