We have a web application running on MS SQL and Reporting Services 2005. Clients can access it, gather information on data, and print the reports. Unfortunately, printing doesn't work on one of the terminal servers used to access it. Well, it works for only one user...
I understand that the client printing controlls are installed via the rsclientprint.cab file distributed with the Reporting Server. I can install these over my browser as an admin user and am successfully able to print. With another admin user, I am unable to print and receive the error "An error occurred during printing (0x80070006)” (also on non admin users).
- The site was added to the trusted sites, and all script settings were checked.
- I checked the group policys applied via gpresult and couldn't find any major differences between the users.
- I've copied the files and registered them using regsvr32 under different directories - all to no avail
- Checking Windows Updates (Killbits, etc.) - the machine is at the current patch level, printing works on machines of a similar level.
- deleted the user profile of the users that it didn't work for
The machine is running Windows Server 2003 x64 and Office 2003 x86.
I'm at my wits end and am starting to go mad.. Does anyone have any idea what I might need to do to get this to work? I've experienced problems in the past, but they were all solvable pretty easily by reregistering the .dll or reinstalling the control through the browser. And the odd thing is that it works for one admin user, but not for the other.