I have a client with a simple file server and 2 workstations running XP. His file server has a few folders with only Word and Excel files. One workstation (they are virtually identical) has no issues. The other can open Word files super fast, even if they are over 1mb. Same with some Excel files...... except:
When the Excel files have macros inside of them, it has started (as of the last week) to take 20 seconds or more to open the file.
I tried changing the OPEN for the file type to manual and then back to DDE, no change. I have tried opening Excel first and browing for the file, no difference.
IF I move the Excel file to the desktop and open it, it's super fast! So it has something to do with the Macros and being on the Network. I am stumped.