[Last Call] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 5760
  • Last Modified:

Exchange ActiveSync HTTP status code 409

I have started having major ActiveSync issures with all our Smart Phones, iphones, droid, HTC, etc. I have followed all the advice that I could fine here on EE. I even printed out an article by alanhardisty and followed it to the letter. it worked for about 30 minutes and then error messages 3014 and 3005, warning 3007 listed below start piling up in the event logs and users cannot connect. If I restart the exchange system attendant or dismount and remount the store it works for about 30 minutes then back to square one. Every user starts getting theese errors. I have not other clue as what to do here are the event ID logs:

Event Type:      Warning
Event Source:      Server ActiveSync
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      3007
Date:            9/2/2011
Time:            11:39:54 AM
User:            domain\user
Computer:      Server
Description:
Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server: [server.domain.local] User: [User@domain.com]. Exchange ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly and is not overloaded.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.



Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      Server ActiveSync
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      3014
Date:            9/2/2011
Time:            11:39:53 AM
User:            Domain\User
Computer:      Server
Description:
The Exchange mailbox Server: [server.domain.local] has reached its timeout threshold. The mailbox server will be protected from new requests for [60] seconds.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.



Event Type:      Error
Event Source:      Server ActiveSync
Event Category:      None
Event ID:      3005
Date:            9/2/2011
Time:            11:37:50 AM
User:            Domain\user
Computer:      server
Description:
Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: [server.domain.local] User: [user@domain.com] HTTP status code: [409]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have patched, restarted, deleted and recreated. The exchange server had Viper installed and I uninstalled the exchange add in. I added exceptions for just about everything. I am at the point just to try and remove the AV and see what that does. everything was working fine up until a couple weeks ago then everyone stopped. We are using the standard version of Exchange 2003 and server 2003 enterprise. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
0
btribe
Asked:
btribe
  • 2
1 Solution
 
LHFoodsCommented:
There seemed to be a lot of good information in this KB article.  It very closely resembles your predicament.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2469722
0
 
DaeltCommented:
you may have some smartphone requests issues with exchange, known problem, very well described and how to solve there :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2469722
0
 
DaeltCommented:
lol LHfood was a bit faster than me, nm, hope this solve your problem anyway ;)
0
 
btribeAuthor Commented:
Thanks, it was exactly as stated. found the offending phone (blackberry) turned it off and everything is fine. Thanks
0

Featured Post

Technology Partners: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now