Hello experts i have an exchange 2010 server. Everything was find on it until one day i decided to install the asp feature on it and it blew everything up (basically couldn't navigate to owa etc). Then i rebuilt the directories from Exchange 2010 console. This worked okay until all of a sudden EWS's and OWA's app pool in IIS started to crash. I tried many things (4 hrs) to resolve this with no success. Finally restored to reinstall the CAS role. So i removed the CAS role removed IIS and reinstalled. It seemed to rebuild everything and i don't notice that those app pools crash any more.
Now, i have a new problem. After the reinstall, the CAS role does NOT install the Powershell Virtual Directory. I cannot open up the Exchange Console or the Shell as it states the error Kerberos authentication failed or winrm is not working. Connected to remote server failed. I have scoured the internet and have tried many things to resolve this including:
- Again removing and reinstalling iis and CAS role no success.
- Manually creating the Powershell application virtual directory in IIS with all settings specific to what should be in there no change.
- Uncheck SSL security no change
- I tried the new-powershelldirectory but cannot get this to work as i cannot connect to exchange with the shell because iis requires this (cmon microsoft really iis required to work on exchange just sounds scary to me).
- Running the winrm quickconfig but that did nothing
- Tried everything in this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028305
, both native modules are in there
Outlook and OWA appear to work just fine. Only issues in outlook is when trying to open Out of office it comes up with an error cannot connect to server. I have heard this could be an auto discovery thing but of coarse if i can't get into console or shell i cannot try to fix.
Thanks for help.