1) This is in the Enterprise Network environment (around 80 % are windows environment) (and the rests are Linux, unix and few macintosh)
2) a month ago, The network was freezed ...
- Nobody could not login anymore to the network (when they tried to login to their XP workstation......It seems it is logging in ....but all the icons disappeared ...and they totally could not login at all ......waited for more than 30 minutes were still the same ...etc
- But whoever has been logging in are OK; they can still do their jobs (normal only slower activities)
3) The consultant checked the File server
- Right-click My computer > select Manage ....then go to the Sharing ...
- It was seen that only one person at that time used around 300 files ....
- The consultant rebooted the file server, and everything back to normal again
4) My questions:
First: What does the CAUSE of this problem?
Second: Could the company UPGRADE something to avoid this situation? (It is "scarry"; one person could let an enterprise network "freezing" like this)
Third: Should the company do ROUTINE (maybe once a week) maintenance to avoid this situation? If yes: What is it?