Oracle data migration from 1 environment to other
Posted on 2011-09-07
I have a set of tables for which the data needs to copied to another environment.
Here are the key points:
1. I do not want to copy the entire data, it will be driven by a set of instructions from screen and related master and detail tables (around 20 in number) we should be able to migrate to another environment.
2. We can safely assume its plain insert and there will not be any violation of constraints
3. This process should be done seamlessly as its repetitive process (done from screen ref point 1) , via a stored procedure or something better - experts i need your suggesstion here
4. There will not be any provision for DB Links, ideally because we want to demonstrate there is no overhead except the same table structure should reside in the environments.
5. Dont mind if its takes time in loading the data, but it should ideally be done in background when user initiates action from screen and may be reads config files to find target db, without invoking command prompt or any process that can be called from java.
6. Do not want to have third party tools