Interesting request :)
I'm going to be part of challenging Environment Application Support team.
So I would like to Install/setup my pc (of course company pc) with useful tools and utilities, so that It would help me to troubleshoot quickly if any issues, and help me help me in automating some web app test. And some tricks around these tools / utilities.
Would prefer free tools (I guess, something should be out there which I don’t know) also I don’t mind if it is less expensive
Also total enviornment is running on Red Hat Linux, and few window remote machine which we will RDP. Pretty much everything is web based application, and most of them are deployed on WLS (some components we have integrated with OEM)
To name few, I was thinking….But please correct and suggest me if there is a better one.
1. Web application debug = Firebug or fiddler
2. iMacro = to automate web application login and navigation test.
3. Putty with some addon = to reduce typing and quick/easy navigation
4. Notepad++ = Nice Editor
5. Xmarks = to share bookmark
6. LastPass = to store pwd securily, So I don’t have to enter/remember (iMacro should support a bit here)
Any other best tool which can help, a support person XML viewer/editor, conversion tools, log file searching tool? Custom script on linux? local windows? etc etc.
Thanks in advance