This is a multipart question about DHCP in SBS 2003.
1. Not Connected - The DHCP server is working but when I launch it I see the status as “not connected.” There are no other DHCP servers running except for the WLAN on the firewall (SonicWALL). When I expand the tree it says it’s connected.
2. DHCP Server Name - I used CSIPW and everything worked fine, rebooted, but now the DHCP server shows “mail.domain.com [192.168.0.1]”. Shouldn’t it be the “S6” (server name) or “S6.domain.local”?
3. Random Address Pool - There was an address pool range of 1-9, which was deleted. Not sure if that is a default pool for SBS…no documentation on why it was created. Our main DHCP is range 100-199.
4. Scope - The scope shows [192.168.0.0] SBS Scope. Again not sure if this is correct, I didn’t remember seeing a 0.0 previously.
5. Reservations - Are reservations needed for the firewall or server?
See attachments for visuals.