I work from home and access to company network via VPN, my internet speed to company gateway is close to 12MB/s. I normally use TOAD to access to a few Orable servers with relatively good performance. Recently, I start using Oracle SQL developer and started to like it as I can also use it to access to MS SQL server, except this one annoying problem.
I set up the access to Oracle tested it and all works fine. Each time when I work on this, I do the following
- Open Oracle SQL developer
- Right click on one of Oracle server then Properties
- Click a Test button, I see that STATUS: Success
- Click Connect button, after a few seconds all works fine
But . . . every other days, it just hang after I click Connect !!!
I thought I have a problem with network, but I immediately use TOAD to get to the same server. It works fine. I then CTRL-ALT-DEL to open task manager and force close the Oracle SQL. Then open it to try again . . .samething. However, each time when I try to connect to MS SQL Server, it works perfectly ok.
I suspect it is something to do with my installation or setting on my PC.
Here's what I have
DELL Latitude D630, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD Win XP SP3
I have Oracle 8i on C:. I install Oracle SQL Developer on D: under download folder