I'm having an issue accessing an external website. The domain for the site is the same as the Windows domain. There was alread a www host setup in the forward lookup zones within DNS. The site has recently traded hosts so I updated the www host to point to the new IP. The problem is now anyone who trys to access the external site when they type www.domain.com within any browser they get an under construction site. When I try to access the site on the DC itself it brings up a login page and the address changes to http://domain.com/localstart.asp which tells me that its pointing back to the 2000 AD domain controller. I can access this site outside of this domain no problem. I'm pretty sure its a DNS issue but I don't know what else to check.
When I ping the site it resolves the correct IP.
And when I tracert the site it resolves the correct IP and routes correctly to the site.