Block Usb Storage Devices
Posted on 2011-09-13
I am unable to fix this problem from last couple of days. I tried all the way to block USB using group policy but I am unsucceeded. Anyone help me how to fix this problem clearly(step to step procedure).
Procedure I Tried :
1) Creating OU in active directory
2) Adding users and computers to that OU
3) Go to OU properties select group policy, Under group policy click on OPEN tab to open Group Policy Management.
4) Create one Group Policy and link it to OU.
5) Right Click on that Group Policy and Edit.
6) Group Policy Object Editor screen will appears.
7) Right Click on Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration select Add/Remove Template.
8) Add .ADM file which is downloaded from Microsoft site.
9) In Group Policy Object Editor Right Click on Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration select VIEW > Filtering.
10) Click to un-select the "Only show policy settings that can be fully managed" check-box. Click Ok.
11) Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Custom Policy Settings > Restrict Drivers, Now you will be able to see the new settings in the right pane.
12) Double Click on Disable USB Removable Drivers, Check the Enable option stopped the usbstore.sys driver option and then click on ok
After completion of this process, I login into a workstation with restricted user account , Then I inserted a usb drive in that machine USB port, But I found it is detecting.
Maby Security settings from the gpo side?