Outlook deletes sent items
Posted on 2011-09-13
I'm no Outlook guru so I'm hoping you guys can help with the odd problem.
We have on user in our organization that, whenever she sends an email, it goes to her sent items folder and then, within seconds, is deleted out of her sent items folder. This is obviously a problem because she has no sent mail history available to her.
This is what I've done so far:
- I've gone into the sent items folder properties and checked the AutoArchive settings.
- I went into the options and made sure that the checkbox that saves a copy to sent items
folder is checked.
- I checked that she was in the proper recipient policies on the exchange server.
- I deleted and recreated her outlook profile.
- I connected to her mailbox via outlook on another computer and didn't have this issue. When I
re-opened outlook on her computer the emails that I sent from the other computer were still in
her sent items folder. But, any new emails sent from her computer would not remain in the sent
items folder for more than a few seconds.
I'm out of ideas other than re-installing and I don't want to do that because it will take so much time out of her workday.