Windows 2008 and 2003 AD problem
Posted on 2011-09-13
- 1 Windows Server 2008 SP2 DC, DNS, DHCP, holding 4 MSFO roles (all but infrastructure)
- 1 Windows Server 2003 SP2 DC DEFINITIVELY OFFLINE (holding only infrastructure role FSMO)
I cannot transfer the Infrastructure FSMO role to the 2008 server (since the 2003 DC server is definitely offline)
1 want to do a clean delete of the 2003 DC from AD. It still appears in “sites and services” in AD DSA, in “domains and approbations”, ect….since it has never been demoted with DCPROMO
Of course I have AD replication errors in the event log, trying to replicate AD with the 2003 offline DC, I have also NTFRS errors, trying replications with the 2003 Offline DC, ect….
- If I delete the 2003 Server from “sites and services” (in the 2008 DC) will it be enough to solve the FSMO missing role? If not how can I transfert this role to the 2008 DC ?
- Deleting the 2003 Server from “sites and services” will be enough to clean all AD from the 2003 DC?
- Any suggested procedure ?