i have an ole db source in an ssis package which is connected to an excel document.
all seemed to be working fine until i noticed that i was getting random null values for my stock codes in the sql table destination!
now as far as i can see the issue resides with stock codes which have letters..
i have tried changing the stock code column data type to string, unicode string etc to no avail
It's because Excel uses the first 8 lines to determine the data type, and ignores anything that doesn't fit..
i.e in your first 8 rows of data, the majority of your stock codes are numeric only, so when
Back up all your Microsoft Windows Server – on-premises, in remote locations, in private and hybrid clouds. Your entire Windows Server will be backed up in one easy step with patented, block-level disk imaging. We achieve RTOs (recovery time objectives) as low as 15 seconds.
The Delta outage: 650 cancelled flights, more than 1200 delayed flights, thousands of frustrated customers, tens of millions of dollars in damages – plus untold reputational damage to one of the world’s most trusted airlines. All due to a catastroph…
Viewers will learn how to use the UPDATE and DELETE statements to change or remove existing data from their tables.
Make a table:
Update a specific column given a specific row using the UPDATE statement:
Remove a set of values using the DELETE s…