Solved

Sharepoint Document Library: Column showing as "Required" when it is set to "Not Required" in Excel document.

Posted on 2011-09-14
6
420 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-12
I have a document library which handles an Excel template.

One field in particular - CBU ( a drop-down choice) from the Sharepoint library always shows up as Required in the Document Information Panel, even though it is set to Not Required.

I have tried removing and recreating this column but it refuses to be "Not Required" within the document.

Is there any way to resolve it? I have created another field called Workcentre with the same properties which works fine and is set to Not Required, however, I need to be able to use the CBU field.

Please let me know :)
cbu-field.jpg
column-prop.jpg
0
Comment
Question by:ultra-it
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
6 Comments
 
LVL 10

Expert Comment

by:pramodsk40
ID: 36536825
Try specifying the default value and see if that resolves it...
0
 

Author Comment

by:ultra-it
ID: 36536910
I have indeed tried specifying this and still does the same - it was taken out to see if it would work :)
0
 
LVL 11

Expert Comment

by:svetaye
ID: 36537622
Hello,
I think that you problem is that you don't have any default value in your column so excel can't save the spreadsheet because the value of this column is not one of possible drop down values.
Please try to add some default value to your column like "Please select..." or something else to be an "empty value" of the column.
I hope it helps.
0
How Blockchain Is Impacting Every Industry

Blockchain expert Alex Tapscott talks to Acronis VP Frank Jablonski about this revolutionary technology and how it's making inroads into other industries and facets of everyday life.

 
LVL 5

Expert Comment

by:tapiwab
ID: 36543357
there might be some validation on this field, check carefully
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
ultra-it earned 0 total points
ID: 36908823
I have checked and rechecked this issue (based on your advice) and it is still unable to resolve.

I have had to bypass this issue with a different field name - I suspect deleting the library and recreating would work.

Not really a solution as such, but worked for me.
0
 

Author Closing Comment

by:ultra-it
ID: 36938095
Not really a solution, more a work around.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

For SharePoint sites, particularly public-facing ones, there are times when adding JavaScript, Meta Tags, CSS Styles or other content to the page <head> section is more practical than modifying master pages.  For instance, you could add the jQuery l…
Summary In SharePoint 2010 it is easy to create custom color themes to jazz up a site. Theme colors can also be created in PowerPoint 2010 with a few clicks. But how do the chosen colors actually look in the SharePoint site? The attached PowerPoint…
In this video, viewers will be given step by step instructions on adjusting mouse, pointer and cursor visibility in Microsoft Windows 10. The video seeks to educate those who are struggling with the new Windows 10 Graphical User Interface. Change Cu…
This tutorial will teach you the special effect of super speed similar to the fictional character Wally West aka "The Flash" After Shake : http://www.videocopilot.net/presets/after_shake/ All lightning effects with instructions : http://www.mediaf…

626 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question