Ubuntu: Problem with Crash out of Ubuntu GUI
Posted on 2011-09-14
1) This is a Linux Ubuntu (version 10.04.3) workstation in the Enterprise environment
2) This machines
- getting the IP address from DHCP server
- LAN and internet work well in this machine
i) My linux machine will periodically "crash" out of the Ubuntu GUI with a message about the screen resolution being set to low ....
ii) Then, I get another box that asks me what I want to do .....
iii) Two of the boxes, I have checked and led me back to the command line, and I have to login again.
iv) One of the boxes, I have checked printed out some status/technical text then either kept churning away or froze, but never gave me back a command line ...
4) I am a windows guy, and I need help from Linux Experts please
5) The GOAL: I often will leave a system running for days as I work on various tasks.
6) How to solve this problem?
7) Thank you