ISA 2006 installation
Posted on 2011-09-15
I'd like to ask you for your opinions and help regarding following:
I need to reinstall ISA 2006 in our domain
I will do it by
1. building new server,
2. installing ISA 2006 on it
3. run both ISA servers for some time (both the new one also the old one)
4. once this test phase is OK I will change DNS record pointing to ISA's hostname from old one isa to new one isa and decommision the old isa server
creating new ISA server I will do by exporting whole settings from old one isa and import them to new one isa
1. While installing ISA product on new server, do I need to specify Internal network ranges during installation or will it be done by importing settings from old isa?
2. When I will export settings to XML file, do I need to edit hostname (old isa hostname) written in XML to new ISA hostname before importing? Or will import process detect that import is being done on different computer and will alter needed items by itself automatically?
thank you for your help guys