We are adding Iphones currently and are having trouble getting them to sync up with Exchange 2003 SP2. OWA works fine for all users and we are not using SSL. Port 80 is opened on the firewall as OWA works. It says it can't connect to server on the iphone when trying to retrieve mail. I have setup plenty of Iphones to access exchange servers but there seems to be an issue with this exchange server. The error that I get is "the connection to the server failed". I downloaded the active sync tester app for the iphone and passed all checks there.
I also tried the MS remote connectivity analyzer but can't seem to get past "SSL 443" errors even though it is set to "ignore SSL" when testing.
I have went through a few documents on the web to check the active sync virtual server in IIS and the exchange virtual server but no change. Some of the things I checked were that forms based authentication was not checked, the domain was correct under directory security -> auth methos and also that SSL was not required.
I'm looking to try to get this resolved and if someone can explain the process or order of operations on the exchange server when making this connection.