Routing cameras output on LAN
Posted on 2011-09-15
1. Server with two NICs.
2. Computer on corporate LAN on Private IP ex: 192.168.0.xxx 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.1
3. Server is to run security software that records video from IP cameras.
4. Idea is to separate all types of traffic. We would like the second NIC to go to a POE switch for the cameras and not mix the two networks.
5. Setup NIC2 on second private IP ex: 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1
6. Setup all Cameras on 10.0.0.xxx 255.255.255.0 10.0.0.1
7. Get error about two gateways
8. Can only see one network at a time.
9. I do not need LAN1 to see LAN2…. No other computers will need to talk to the cameras behind this server.
10. I do not need LAN2 to see LAN1…. No cameras are sending packets to anything but 10.0.0.1
11. How can I access the server from NIC1 but use the software to control the devices on NIC2?
Any suggestions? Do I need to setup RRAS? (Not trying to route through traffic)