Greetings, we have a Dell PE R410 at our ISP that is fully managed and we do not have physical access to. The boot time on these servers is very long, 5 minutes+. Is there a knowledgeable DELL person that can give us a step by step process to optimize the server boot time. Here are some details:
- We suspect there are some BIOS settings that can be optimized
- These servers are booting from the HD... they do not need network (PXE) booting, CD etc
- We believe only mandatory POST tests are needed, memory check etc
- The units are running RAID 10
- Running Windows 2008 Enterprise
We are hoping someone familar with the BIOS can help us articulate what we need to the IT people at the ISP.