Having a major issue trying to restore my differential backup file on MS SQL 2000.
I have migrated my SQL over to another server and I did the following:
1. Created a complete backup of 18GB database file Complete.BAK from Server 1.
2. Transferred complete.BAK from Server 1 to Server 2.
3. Used restore function in Server 2 via Device and selected Complete.BAK.
4. Database restored in Server 2.
5. I waited 2 more days and created a Differential Backup Diff.Bak from Server 1 which the file was much smaller at 300MB.
6. Transferred Diff.BAk from Server 1 to Server 2.
7. Used restore function in Server 2 via Device, selected Diff.Bak and selected Database - Differential.
Error occured in Step 7 where an error said the preceding restore operation did not specify with NORECOVERY or WITH STANDBY..... RESTORE DATABASE is terminating Abnormally.
Need your assistance how to do this. I suspect I need to generate a T-SQL statement but I am unsure what it is. My database name is SECONDARY.
Attached are the screenshots.