Exchange SBS 2003 - Not able to get emails on phones - Active Sync tests ok - What to change?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup phones to get Exchange email on them. These are phones that are Active Sync capable (ie - iPhones, Windows Phones, etc). I run Exchange online tests and Active Sync works fine... However, on my iPhone, I am not getting mail.
Error - Cannot Get Mail. The connection to the Server failed.

Webmail works fine. When I setup the account on my phone, it creates it with no errors. The error occurs when I go to get mail on my phone. Any ideas?

Thanks!
dsmjeffAsked:
Who is Participating?

[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
 
setasoujiroConnect With a Mentor Commented:
i think you need to allow phones without passwords to connect on the exchange:
http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/exchange-2003-mobile-messaging-part2-uncovering-device-security-policies.html
0
 
dsmjeffAuthor Commented:
I'm PUMPED! I was checking Windows Updates and thought I had all the updates, but after walking through the link you sent I realized I didn't have the same options. So I manually downloaded SP2 and after the install, it started working. So it didn't end up being an issue with device security (or at least device security wasn't turned on), but after SP2 it is working.

Thanks! :)
0
All Courses

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.