Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 681
  • Last Modified:

Content disappears from Public Calendar on Exchange 2010

I have a new 2010 Exchange server.  Migrated from Exchange 2003.  Everything went fine, except the company calendar (stored in a public folder) did not move over correctly (the data migrated to a mail subfolder of the company calendar object in 2010).  I was able to move the items from the mail subfolder to the root of the company calendar where it was visible to all with permission.  Worked fine for a couple of weeks.  Today users came in and there was nothing in the company calendar (no items in the root or subfolder, which I deleted after moving all of the items).  Nothing in the environment changed (that I am aware of).  Was able to restore from the Friday backup, but this is very perplexing.  Has anyone else had this type of issue, and if so, how did you deal with it?
0
Craig_Kiddoo
Asked:
Craig_Kiddoo
  • 3
  • 2
1 Solution
 
The_KirschiCommented:
Is there a chance that one of the users just deleted all the calendar entries "accidentally"? Maybe not a solution but worth to think about.
0
 
Craig_KiddooAuthor Commented:
No chance...I actually was working on cleaning it up over the weekend, and everything was there (plus the data spans about 8 years and is over 9K items).  I did make one change, but thought it would only affect deleted items (maybe this is the issue).  On the Limits tab for the calendar item I had added a age limit of 7 days...I thought this would apply to deleted items, but maybe I was mistaken and when the routine to purge old items ran it deleted the items?  There were a few on there Monday morning, could have been added the prior week, I just figured they were added Monday morning.  

Since the problem occurred, I removed the age limit.

Thanks for your help...this was probably self-inflicted (good thing I am overly careful when it comes to backups).
0
 
The_KirschiCommented:
well, you did not mention that you configured the limits but as you do now I am pretty sure that this is the cause
0
 
Craig_KiddooAuthor Commented:
Thanks for your help...I put in a lot of hours over the weekend while I wasn't feeling well, and forgot that I had made the change (don't even know what possessed me to do so in the first place).
0
 
The_KirschiCommented:
Thanks for the points anyway.
0

Featured Post

NEW Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows

Backup and recover physical and cloud-based servers and workstations, as well as endpoint devices that belong to remote users. Avoid downtime and data loss quickly and easily for Windows-based physical or public cloud-based workloads!

  • 3
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now