I was setting up msconfig to minimize startup items and received the error that I did not have the permission to do this. This didn't seem logical, and I double checked the user I logged in as (Administrator) was actually an administrator. But just to see if it was something wrong with the Administrator user, I created another administrative user named Admin, and tried to do the same thing with msconfig. I received the same error. However, when i opened msconfig. it showed that the change to Sective Startup actually was enabled.
Also, I had, before all this, created a restore point under Administrator.
So I logged out of the Admin user, and was shocked when I saw that the user named Admin was the only one listed in the User Account Login screen. I'm very concerned that the profile for the user named Administrator has become damaged. In Documents and Setting, the entire file stricture is still there for the user named Administrator. Also the restore point I created under Administrator wasn't available from System Restore under Admin.
So there are many questions:
1. Why might I have gotten permission errors in both administrator and Admin?
2. Where those messages really true?
3. Why would the user named Administrator not be present in the User Login screen?
4. If the Administrator profile has become damaged, how to repair it?
5. How to access the restore point prior to all this created by the user named Administrator?