I've been tasked with something that not really in my area of expertise. I'm primarily a database developer.
I need to provide the following information from the details tab of the attached workbook
1. A list of the applications included in the Application Retirement project
2. A list of the servers that are impacted by the Application Retirement project
3. The list of servers that could be removed from the Bank's inventory if the applications listed were retired.
4. What are the # of servers and AITs reduced per LOB?
5. What is the impact of server reduction per location?
6. Show the impact to the Data Center Closure Initiative for 2011 vs. 2030
7. The manager would like an easy way to swap out the data in the Details tab and refresh the analysis
Now I've worked with pivot tables but I'm trying to decide if I need to go the vlookup route. Perhaps I should create multiple tabs on the worksheet. I'd like some advice on the best approach to take. I can do this via a database approach, but the manager wants an Excel Based approach