Have a Win7 x64 media center. I'd like to play Pandora and have it come out of my whole house audio (an amp downstairs) as well as the receiver (living room).
The pc is plugged in to my living room receiver via HDMI. I cannot seem to get analog out of the receiver OR the pc to send downstairs. Zone 2 doesn't work with digital input on my Onkyo or on Pioneer units.
1) can I dupe the sound output from the media pc to the HDMI AND the on board analog card? I don't think so.
2) take speaker b output, try to convert it to line level to send down to the amp
3) install something cool on the media pc to dupe the sound output to the 2 sound devices
4) hardware that reads the sound from the hdmi, pipes it to the analog port (sounds lame)
5) buy diff receiver that can convert digital to analog? My budget is $350.