Migration to Server 2008R2 results in major problems
Posted on 2011-09-21
I am experiencing some serious prolems with my new 2008R2 server.
I have an existing domain with one Server 2003.
I was suppose to get rid of this and put in the new server as only server in the domain.
I have done the following tasks:
- I raised domain functional level on the 2003 server to 2003 level.
- I ran ADPREP32.EXE from the 2008 installation dvd with /forestprep and then /domainprep.
- I joined the 2008 server to the domain.
- I installed the DS role
- i install DNS + DHCP role.
- i promoted the server a DC
- I restarted server and confirm replication of SYSVOL and DNS
So far so good!
Unfortunately Im experiencing serious problems with DS and DNS.
My question is, that according to Microsoft I should have used a second switch on the ADPREP32 command:
ADPREP32 /DOMAINPREP /GPPREP
I have never herd about this GPPREP switch and I have done these migrations before without major problems so can anyone tell me if this switch is really nescecary?