1) I have a linux Ubuntu 10.04.3 workstation
2) It gets the IP address from DHCP server
3) I am installing a Lotus Notes' program; but this is nothing to do with the lotus notes
4) I am confused with one of the linux command as specified in step # 3
5) To install the above program, i follow this reference:
6) The summary is as the followings:
Step 1: First install the dependencies:
sudo aptitude install libgnomeprint2.2-0 libgnomeprintui2.2-0
Note: I follow this command; and it is executed successfully (I do not have error message)
Step2: After that install the DEBs with –force-architecture switch. No need to force everything.
sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture ibm-lotus-notes-8.5.2.i586
Note: As I put the "ibm-lotus-notes-8.5.2.i58
6.deb in the Desktop; I modify a little bit the above command; It is executed like this:
sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture Desktop/ibm-lotus-notes-8.
The Result: It is good; it is also executed successfully (I do not have error message)
Step3: That’s it, start the client running.
- This is the command that I get confused!!!
-What command is it?
- Is it Change Directory ("CD") or what?
- Is it a statement " /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/frame
tes " or what?
- If I am at [root@localhost init.d]#, and i type in: ./network restart (I know that I ask the network to restart)
- If I execute " nano /etc/sysconfig/networking/
cfg-eth0 " (I know that I am doing the network configuration)
- But this --> " /opt/ibm/lotus/notes/frame
tes " : I do not understand
7) This is not a lotus notes' thing; but it is a linux thing
8) Would you somebody explain the above command please?
- I have successfully executed Step#1 and Step#2
- I need to know what should I do at the Step#3?
- Any help?