Current setup is an Exchange 2003 server with outlook clients connecting over WAN/LAN
I was having a problem with Office/Outlook 2007 SP2. It started with a rogue client causing exchange to generate excess transaction logs. I tried the other documented fixes like disabling cached mode, deleting the OST file and eventually deleted the outlook profile and created a new one. I noticed that after creating a new profile outlook wasn't syncing with exchange properly and in the bottom bar in says 'Updating MSNBC News'. I tried steps listed in other forums to remove this and eventually removed Office 07, deleted all the temporary and OST files and installed Office 2010.
Outlook 2010 does the same thing after setting up a new profile again. So far I've gone to File->Account Settings->RSS Feeds and removed eveything from there. I've deleted everything from the RSS Feeds Folder and disabled all the add-ins except Symantec AV and Exchange...