I just finished installing a Cisco 2901 router in an office with 40 computers and 40 ip-phones. Now I have been given the task to block all adult sites, facebook, twitter, yahoo, hotmail, etc
. I contacted Cisco to get some information about their "Cisco IOS Content Filtering - subscription license," but no one there could tell me which license / subscription I need for my router. I also need to know the price. Apparently, Cisco has different licenses depending on the unit that you are trying to use. So far I have found two, this one
and this one
Here are some questions that I have:
1) Can use either one of the 2 licenses mentioned above?
2) What is the most practical (easy) way to accomplish this content filtering task?
3) What other products do you recommend? (best product for the least amount of money)
4) What about Sonicwall, do I need to buy a unit and then a license / subscription to use their content filtering with my router?
5) Finally, what would you do if you were in my shoes?
Thank you for all your help!