I'm having trouble executing a shell command due to residual information from a removed exchange server.
Working in a single domain with 2008 R2 servers and Exchange 2010 SP1 rollup 5
The previous Exchange server was removed without properly removing it from the domain...it was simply shutoff and then the new Exchange was built. The old Exchange is no longer available to work with.
I am attempting to establish IM with OWA via Lync server.
Prior to where I am at now, there was an unmounted database of the old Exchange server showing up in the new Exchange console.
Old mail server is LyncMail
new mail server is LyncExch
I used the following two commands to remove the database from the console...
Get-mailbox -arbitration -database <DB name> | disable-mailbox -arbitration -disablelastarbitrationmai
Get-mailbox -arbitration -database <DB name> | remove-mailbox -arbitration -removelastarbitrationmail
So now there is only the one active, mounted database showing up in the console.
My problem is that when attempting to execute the command...
get-owavirtualdirectory | set-owavirtualdirectory -instantmessagingservernam
e LyncSrv -instantmessagingcertifica
t <thumbprint> -instantmessagingenabled $true -instantmessagingtype 1
it attempts to execute, but reports an error...The task wasn't able to connect to IIS on server 'LyncMail'. Make sure that the server exists and can be reached from this computer: The RPC server is unavailable.
WARNING: The command completed successfully but no settings of 'LyncExch\owa (default web site)' have been modified.
I went to the ADSI Edit on the AD server and removed every instance I could find for LyncMail, but it is still somewhere that is causing the problem.
Looking back through the EMC, the LyncMail server is still showing up under Server Configuration with the roles Hub Transport, Client Access, Mailbox
I was able to go to the Hub Transport and remove Client LyncMail and Default LyncMail from the Receive Connectors, but it remains in the upper panel in the Server Configuration.