we are using QNX 6.3.2, it used to be installed on Dell PowerEdge 850 & PowerEdge 860 with no any problems
configuration: SATA HDD, 2 built in Ethernet not detected, Intel Dual port PCI Ethernet card added and recognized by the OS, additional Serial PCI card, ( total 2 Serial Ports)*
there was HW Failures, and the HW is outdated and discontinued and out of stock.
a new basic simple option is Dell PowerEdge R210, no raid.
- the problem is that while booting, on Scanning USB QNX says: error sending to device.
- the setup continues, but i can't press F1 to continue installation, the keyboard is freezed
- no USB emulation option in bios
i've tried the following:
-booting from 6.5 Cd first, then putting the QNX 6.3.2, it will give installation error
- editing QNX 6.5 CD to get the boot image from it, but it will ask for 6.5 License, + error during installation even if using QNX 6.5 serial
- enable serial port redirection, connected to hyper terminal, got the bios booting details in the hyper terminal in another windows machine, but while booting after QNX finishes the
.alt boot ........................................
i loses the serial redirection, with Serial redirection after boot option enabled and disabled (seems QNX reinitialize things)
up to know didn't try the following:
- USB to PS/2 Converter, but i bet its going to give the same error.
- Serial to PS/2 converter, i think it might work only for mouse.
- use a very old serial keyboard (round head) and it's wiring to the 9 Pin serial
- bios modding to enable USB Emulation option or enforcing it.
please help !
* or please advise if there is a new server model that is compatible with QNX 6.3.2 and have the previously mentioned specifications.