Solved

PWA 2007 task updates page gets stuck with IE instable or no update listed / blank page displayed

Posted on 2011-09-25
6
215 Views
Last Modified: 2013-09-29
dear Experts,
i have a PM with a big problem, his PWA 2007 task updates page gets stuck, the windows section become instable (frozen) and after minutes IE displays no items, no update. indeed there are +120 tasks to approve.
i tried the procedure for cleaning IE (reset ocx, enable activeX etc) but no luck. I have the same problem if logged on a PM's pc that his task updates works fine...no luck again.
task updates fails also from Project professional. server logs are ok, no queued job in pwa. any suggestion? pleaseee help. thanks.

(server w2k3 SP2 - project server 2007 SP2 - project prof 2007 wSP2)

0
Comment
Question by:ITDataCenter
  • 3
  • 3
6 Comments
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:ezskol
ID: 36597103
What Internet Explorer browser are you using?  7, 8 , 9?  32/64 bit?

0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:ezskol
ID: 36597104
Might also include, what version of office and Windows OS is the PM using?  64 bit for both?
0
 
LVL 1

Author Comment

by:ITDataCenter
ID: 36598795
he uses XP SP3 32bit IE 7 and XP SP3 64bit IE7 64bit.
however, i tried the PWA and Prj professional from different pc logged with his credentials..same problem :(  i'm quite sure is something dirty on this tasks, but no idea what to check
0
Edgartown IT Case Study

Learn about Edgartown's quest to ensure the safety and security of the entire town's employee and citizen data. Read the case study!

 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:ezskol
ID: 36602533
I thought it might be a roaming profile that may cause this issue or 64bit issue.  Does he have office 2007 installed?  Have you tried running a repair on the Office and see if this fix your issue?
0
 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
ITDataCenter earned 0 total points
ID: 37112848
already tried. in the meantime i've probably found the source of problem:
It appears that a resource reported time to a summary task. The summary task was created by the resource and time was reported to the task. here the resolution step found in a KB
Delete the task from the project  plan and the "accept time page" should be load correctly.
till now was quite impossible found who did it, few days ago the PM found the resource that reportd wrongly the time to the summury task, now they are fixing. the cleaning is taking a lot of time and effort, i'll keep u posted.thx
0
 
LVL 1

Author Closing Comment

by:ITDataCenter
ID: 39530977
it solved the problem
0

Featured Post

Free eBook: Backup on AWS

Everything you need to know about backup and disaster recovery with AWS, for FREE!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

"Disruption" is the most feared word for C-level executives these days. They agonize over their industry being disturbed by another player - most likely by startups.
ADCs have gained traction within the last decade, largely due to increased demand for legacy load balancing appliances to handle more advanced application delivery requirements and improve application performance.
This video shows how to use Hyena, from SystemTools Software, to bulk import 100 user accounts from an external text file. View in 1080p for best video quality.

685 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question